My snake won’t eat/shed

Home Community Reptiles My snake won’t eat/shed

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  john 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

john

I have an honduran milk snake a little over 2 1/2 feet long. I’ve had her about 2 1/2 to 3 months….she has not eaten in all that time…she drinks water….is very active…is inquisitive and gentle. I was told from where I bought the snake that she would only eat thawed mice…she won’t eat….tried live mice…she is afraid of them…she backs away. Was hoping to shed but hasn’t…then noticed pieces flaking off…so I shedded her by hand completely….she still won’t eat. Before de-shedding her eyes turned cloudy then went back to normal….soaks in water bowl sometimes day and night…and into the next day. About a week after de-shedding I noticed white spaces between scales that formed blotches….and various sizes. Looks like she needs to shed again. Same heavy built as when I got her…she has not lost any weight…don’t see any fecal matter in her housing. Can you give me any advice that may help. Thank you John C.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.