FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO BUY FROM PETSMART!!!

Home Community Small Pets FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO BUY FROM PETSMART!!!

This topic contains 96 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Ritsuka 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 97 total)
  • Author

Jennifer

Go to this sight and watch the video! This store shouldn’t be allowed to sell animals!

Taylor

that was sad sick and disgusting.im never shopping there again

Hollly

Do your homework on PETA before you believe ANYTHING they say.

Victoria

Yeah, I saw in the news about peta killing 🙁

Hollly

PETA commits terroristic acts in the name of animals, and terroristic acts in the name of animals are just as bad as any other terrorists out there.

Jennifer

I’m not supporting PETA, I have bought animals from there in the past, and every single one of them were ill. I am not at all happy with that place. I would not at all doubt that their animals die of illnesses. It takes time and careful planning to produce good animals. When they mass breed for quantity and type only, there couldn’t possibly be any good results.

garima

Petsmart may not be the only one. Anyone use Covergirl products? How about Colgate toothpaste? The point is soo many products have been tested on animals (violently and painfully may I add) There is a lot of animal cruelty around the world.. sadly. Since they can’t talk heartless people feel that’s its only right to harm those who can’t tell what they feel.

Ben

Hi. First off, PETA is, as said, a terrorist group. They do so many things in the name of "animal rights" that anything that is said by them should be taken with several grains of salt. They have been known to set several domesticated animals free into the wild, only to have those animals die hours later because they can’t survive. Yet they still say they are doing right. As per the video, I doubt that PETA is anywhere close to being right on it. The only animals the Petsmart sells here are fish and birds and lizards, but they are not mistreated in any way. Just as an example, a while back, we bought several "Mixed fruit" tetras from Wal-Mart (that’s a whole other category in itself) only to have them die days later. We went to Petsmart, and they informed us of the true horror of "mixed fruit" tetras, which is that there is no such breed. They were ghost tetras injected with dye to make them more colorful. This shortened their lives considerably. However, some of the tetras that are on sale at Petsmart have been around since that time, and are still in good health. There are cats and dogs there, but not being sold by Petsmart, they are being displayed for adoption by local animal shelters, which is a much better alternative than just having them sit at the shelter waiting. And before you condemn Petsmart, please, read their response to PETA’s claim. http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=196265&p=factset01

Jennifer

The PetSmart by me sells hamsters, guine pigs, rats, mice, and chinchillas, and they all look miserable. They’re all crammed into small cages with no toys, the birds look horrible! The reptiles have improper lighting/heating/humidity, and they don’t look well either. Maybe your store is different, better staff, staff that is more aware of the health of their animals? Any store is going to say only good things about themselves to sell. I still don’t buy it! I have had too many bad experiences with them.

Hollly

I’m sure a lot of the problem is just that the staff at the stores are inexperienced at handling the many varieties of animals they sell.

Lauren

It is very sad when some stores do not take proper care of sick animals but I used to work at the Petsmart in Florence, Ky and I assure you none of that went on there. I would not boycott all Petsmart’s due to the fact that a few stores need to better equiped to take care of small animals. It makes me sick to this this happened but not ALL petsmarts should be punished. I actually worked with the fish and snakes and I assure you, they were taken care of perfectly as a active Peta member there were no horror rooms in the back of the store.

Lauren

I might add that I may be a Peta member but I do not approve of the "terriost" acts. I just want animals to be safe and well taken care of.

sue

Oh dear our pet smart is nothing like that.I have never really shopped alot there ,cat food,and some fish and supples and my birds,fish tanks and cages for the birds.And all my birds are alive and happy,and I never saw them all cramed into tiny places.Of course ours is a small town store,could that be why?I don’t wear make up,but mary kay is good,they don’t use animals for testing .But next time I go down to our store ,I’ll be sure to check things out in a closer way.I go about once or twice a year,since I have to travel over 60 miles to get there.I live in even a smaller town,we had last time I read had 6,000 people who live here.

Hollly

If you dissaprove of the terroristic acts that PETA commits, I advise supporting a better cause, like the ASPCA. I support animals in my community and beyond on my own, without belonging to an organization. "PETA has given tens of thousands of dollars to convicted arsonists and other violent criminals. This includes a 2001 donation of $1,500 to the North American Earth Liberation Front (ELF), an FBI-certified ?domestic terrorist? group responsible for dozens of firebombs and death threats. During the 1990s, PETA paid $70,200 to an Animal Liberation Front (ALF) activist convicted of burning down a Michigan State University research laboratory. In his sentencing recommendation, a federal prosecutor implicated PETA president Ingrid Newkirk in that crime. And PETA vegetarian campaign coordinator Bruce Friedrich told an animal rights convention in 2001 that ?blowing stuff up and smashing windows? is ?a great way to bring about animal liberation.?"

sue

wow I had no idea they did those things.Are they not there to help the animals,if so thats a odd way of doing it.Thanks for opening my eyes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.